You will manage and work with an established team of industry professionals. You will be responsible for the smooth, efficient, and effective running of the business during and after trade hours. You will have input into the operational strategies and procedures. This will give the perfect candidate an opportunity to show their skills and be really involved in the business strategies.
You will need to be a highly motivated individual who is used to producing results. Your focus will be ensuring the venue is ready for the day to day operational expectations, including but not limited to
- Management of venue teams
- Management of in-venue systems and process
- Ensure that all OLGR practices are maintained
- Ensure that all COVID practices are maintained
- Stock control (ordering, maintenance, and upkeep)
- In-depth staff training, development, and scheduling
- Preparing reports weekly on overall effectiveness etc
- Networking and nurturing contacts (having a strong persona in person and online).
You will know this is for you, because ..
- You applaud and respect hard work
- You enjoy and respect the value of developing the team
- Hospitality is where your career aspirations lie
- You want to be part of a business that has diversity in its growth portfolio
- You yourself are the type of person that mucks in
- You are the type of person that does not sit on the sidelines but contributes ideas daily
- You can create a great work-life balance
- You are not a clock watcher, you know that to be truly successful you must give a lot of yourself
Skills and Experience ..
- Restaurant, bar, theatre, late-night management experience
- Experience in managing large teams
- Rostering, wages, stock control, and reporting experience
- RMLV and RSA essential
- Management of large teams
- A business, hospitality or MBA qualification would be advantageous
The Pink Flamingo is a premium multi-faceted venue that prides itself on excellent service across all areas including its one of a kind events. We are looking for a passionate driven individual with a flair for hospitality to oversee our functions and events department. You will manage all enquiries for private venue hire, events during the show, special events for patrons within our usual trading hours.
This role requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail. This person is required to build excellent relationships with clients and who is passionate about scouting out new clientele.
This is a real opportunity for progression and acknowledgment of new ideas in a growing, supportive company.
Successful candidates will have;
- Energetic, outgoing, and service orientated personality
- Well-presented, polished, and well spoken.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Min 2 years’ experience in a high-volume environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to network effectively, open leads & close sales.
- Exceptional time management skills
- Good communication skills on the phone and e-mail essential
- Demonstrated passion and flare for the industry.
- Be organised and tech savvy.
- Hospitality background and experience
In return we offer:
- Consistently busy work environment with set standards and structure
- On the job training and personal development
- Flexible roster to create good work/life balance.
- The chance to implement and develop your own function system and procedures.
- The chance to be play a major part in an expanding company.
You will need to have relevant box office, ticketing and sales experience, however we’re open to all backgrounds of office management and administration management. Our ideal candidate is driven, highly organised, has a strong work ethic, an ability to go above and beyond and is an autonomous worker who wants to work with a growing team. You will work very closely with our Directors and take responsibility for the smooth functioning of all the behind-the-scenes operations of this exciting business to create a world class experience for our patrons.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate key competencies in the following areas:
- Ability to work flexibly across business and performance hours
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
- Proven experience with ticket sales
- Previous cash handling experience
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, working across multiple locations and multiple events
- Proactive and detail orientated
- Ability to multitask and prioritise in a busy environment
- Enthusiastic, energetic and customer service focused
The AV technician will be responsible for ensuring the smooth technical running of resident stage shows, nightclub mode, and any special events. The role includes daily operation of shows including all pre-show preparation and post-show tasks. The AV technician will liaise in a professional and courteous manner with all performers, venue staff, management., external production teams, contractors, and suppliers. They will undertake accurate post-show reporting, including technical issues, incidents, and variations from the shows creative vision. They will be responsible for regular cleaning and maintenance of all show and venue technical equipment to ensure optimal function and service life. They will be required to solve technical problems and operational issues before, during, and after the show. They will act in accordance with venue and health and safety practices and company policies and procedures.
- Smooth and competent operating of the technical side of resident stage shows including audio, LED screens, rigging, and special effects
- Operating and/or assisting incoming Special Events’ technical requirements as required
- Overseeing and understanding the operational side of nightclub mode
- Acting as the main operator for nightclub mode and entertainment as required
- Oversee the training and rostering of casual AV Technicians to ensure all events are staffed adequately for the seamless operation in the absence of full time AV Technician
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of technical equipment to ensure no disruption to the operation of show, optimal function, and service life
- Daily reporting of technical issues, accidents, or incidents
- Liaising with venue managers and show producer to ensure smooth running of live shows
- Overseeing risk controls and health and safety relating to show operation and technical aspects
- Attending rehearsals and cast training as required
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties as requested by venue owners and managers
- Acting as a health and safety representative for the show cast and performers both resident and incoming
- General administration and reporting duties
- Weekly and monthly inspections of all checklists and show reports
- Regular inspections of bio box, equipment, and stage cleanliness and organisation
- Regular review of documented feedback from venue guests, cast, management, and producers regarding sound quality, scene transitions, and correct cues
- Monthly review of technical equipment efficiency and service life, as a result of cleaning and maintenance
- Monthly review of expenditure as a result of equipment replacement
Skills, Competencies, & Traits
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Tertiary Education in Live Theatre and the Arts
- Experience with QLab, MA Lighting, and other technical software
- Strong understanding of live show production
- Experience with health and safety policies and incident reporting
- Computer skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Results focused
- Ability to handle pressure of high-volume service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take initiative
- Relationship management skills
- Influencing Skills
- Leadership skills
- Judgement and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Integrity and honesty